Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hmm, this thing's still here. . .

I know I sound like a broken record, but I may need to change my middle name to Hectic, Frazzled, or some other descriptor. In the past two months I've: crashed my comptuer at least a dozen times (I see an Apple in my future), been through my dog whelping and raising a litter in the house, been working furiously to finish a contract job and ended up being 'shafted' in a contract dispute, trying to keep my drying dying yard from drying and dying, doing all the normal 'pastory' stuff, trying to somehow put a brick on my daughter's head to keep her from growing up so fast.

Simplicity, that is what I've been meditating upon. Jesus Christ never seemed to be in a hurry. That is a facet of discipleship that is decidedly missing in American Christianity.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Just as any facet of discipleship, simplicity requires practice, practice, practice. I find that reading books by like-minded people helps, too, since it is hard to find people in our culture who share the value. I'd be glad to share some titles with you, but only if you promise not to feel compelled to read them!

And reality is that sometimes life just gets very full and complicated, no matter how we value simplicity. We live in a crazy time and place!

Grace and peace to you....